Friday, February 11, 2011

Road Trip...Second Chapter...Winners of Mystery Place

Good morning!  I am safely in New York City!  I am happy to report I had NO run-ins with any other car, police system or UFOs.  BUT, I, as I indicated in my last posting, I was going to a lulu-esque Nirvana....
Joint Expeditionary Base-Little Creek
Virginia Beach, VA
wait
.
.
.
.
for
.
.
.
it
.
.
.
HOME OF THE U.S. NAVY SEALS!!!!!!
HOO-YAH
Do you get it....BEACH....MEN in UNIFORM???

So, technically no one really got the answer correct, HOWEVER, I am a fair-minded woman ,and two contestants got within spitting distance of my clues:
White Trash York (of course, she ALWAYS wins)
Malissa 'Penthouse Pent-up' Pet (she has a good win record too)
So, I am going to put both names in a hat and draw for a winner. 

Later. ha.

Oh yes, the photo of moi.  One of my oldest and dearest friends from high school, Lt. Carl, is the X.O (not of the SEALS though. Little Creek Base is also home to the US Naval Band.) of the School/HQ.  Basically, the base is home to the Jocks and the Bandies!!!!! 

Don't be all jealous of me quite yet.  He had to nerve to give me a tour AT NIGHT! So, not only was I unable to photograph our fine fighting men in skintight wetsuits(dammit), but also I didn't even get to meet any of them. 
You know what this means...I shall return in a month...in daylight...locked and loaded!

Carl plays a mean trumpet.  He has played since before I knew him.  He toured with the band Phish in 1991.  He's traveled the world and all three children were born on different continents.  His wife Mary is a doll and a half! 
He knows how much I love to play dress up and obliged me with this photo op in his office.  There is nothing like a visit with an old friend to make you laugh so hard your martini comes out of your nose!

OKAY, Trasherella and Mal...I'll get back to you...I promise the earbobs will be worth the wait/weight.
xo, (Not XO)
lulu

5 comments:

  1. Do I know my LaLulu or what?
    Mal just called me and said she didn't need any more earrings...something about Lurch and the family jewels being all she could handle at this time!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardy har har! You girls and so dadgum funny! There is gonna be SO much trouble at Zapp this spring! Cat Daddy and Lurch don't know what they are in for! My ears are so happy this morning! It has been so long since they have had a Bob on them! Jump back, Trash! We might have to get our lycra and roller skates on and Roller Derby this thing out to the finish line! Get your checkered flag ready, Mz.Lu! Can't wait to get some bling on so I can help you attract those men in uniform!

    MAL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two wallflowers have given me a great idea!
    RollerDerby at Zapp!
    "Take a lap, give a slap, drinks on tap at lulu's Roller-a-go-go and Kegatorium" BYOW
    (bring your own wheels, whiskey and WD40)
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I'm pulling my spandex on right now!

    MAL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mal...you better be pulling your Spanx on...'cause that's what I'ma gonna give you!
    Deb
    P.S. BTW...do they make butt skates?

    ReplyDelete